Friday, May 4, 2012

Floods of Nostalgia

I love the many levels of influence that small things can create. This is just an example. So earlier today I sat down on the living room recliner, with a glass of milk containing cereal in my hand, as my seven-year-old brother sat on the recliner left of mine, while we both gazed at the TV screen that depicted midway through one of the old Winnie the Pooh films we had on DVD. We watched “The Tigger Movie,” the intriguing tale of the character that portrays a tiger that has the ability to bounce, named Tigger. In this particular flick, it was his time to shine in the storyline that normally focused on the inquisitive, honey-craving stuffed bear Pooh.

Tigger’s mission was to find his family of other “Tiggers,” in hopes of communicating with his kind, and throughout the entire story he never did find his species of relatives. However, meanwhile the rest of the characters in the Hundred Acre Wood tried to convince him that they themselves were his family. At the end, Tigger finally realized that the family he was looking for was with him the entire time.


An overflow of memories invaded my thoughts and captured me in the reminiscence of this childhood hope of mine — and preferred Disney movie at the time. I couldn’t help but think, “Maybe everyone is here. Maybe I shouldn’t look for family, relationships and friends. They just come naturally.” And as quirky as it sounds, it’s true. You should never have to search; the only important thing is to wait. Words couldn’t describe how it made me feel. Floods of nostalgia and cheerfulness brightened everything and it honestly brought a few tears to my eyes. It’s these little things that affect me in a big way.

I feel like every cynical thought fades when I dare to approach this mindset. I know that God’s way of showing me how to handle different situations comes in many forms, and this was definitely one of them. Although I’m not completely sure what lies on the road ahead, I know that these things are purposeful insights given by God Himself to inform us how to do things right. Though this story is a great example of God’s ultimate knowledge and information, the Bible and prayer are always the most reliable. So the inspiration for basically everything I do is simply in my frame of mind. This is just another way of communicating. Here and there, you have to crack the code, but that’s just who I am.

Sometimes I close my eyes and imagine what everything would like if they were open.

1 comment:

  1. Oohh...that last line is really nice...
    I understand what you mean. Sometimes pursuing the things that you want, such as relationships, just push them further away. A lot of times when you want something, you need to stand up and take it, but when you're dealing with actual human beans...often sitting back and enjoying the bumpy ride we call life is all we can really do, until one day it just happens, yeah? And there isn't a need to be anxious or worry any longer.
    Things will always happen the way they were intended. That's always reassuring, I think.
    Found your link on the Owl City blog. I really enjoy your writing style. ;)
    Do you ever feel like you can't communicate effectively what you're feeling if not through writing?
    -Lorelei

    ReplyDelete