Thursday, May 17, 2012

Emotion You Can Hear

The inspiration and feeling portrayed by music has obviously been mentioned by many people in the past. But I’m so electrified to say that music really does enhance one’s ideas and thoughts. I love the way a sound can totally evolve your present emotions in the blink of an eye. It’s as if reality contains secrets and magic that is found in different noises, and I absolutely love decoding each song.

I listen to various different categories of tunes (and I usually don’t have many problems with others’ music tastes), and here are a few genres I’m most familiar with: electronic pop, house, trance, ambient, disco, instrumental, punk, some alternative and even  a little country every once in awhile. But honestly, it all depends on whether or not the sound catches my ear; even so, I’ve learned to find something catchy in virtually every song I’ve heard, but it’s all in the opinion in the end.

This is a segment of my current most favorite artists: Owl City, Relient K, He Is We, Lights, Switchfoot, Swimming With Dolphins, Armin van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Capital Kings, Daft Punk, The Album Leaf, etc. Even though sometimes I tend to move on to a new, different noise or group of songs or category of sounds, I usually go back to the ones I’ve always had a thing for. So in reality, my music taste grows as time goes on. It’s funny, as a ten-year-old I didn’t listen to many fields of music, except maybe some Christian rock here and there, and now I’ve discovered an entire chain and network containing thousands of divergent musicians and bands that I would’ve never known existed. There are so many worlds to explore if you’re willing to dive into the crazy universe of music, because in the present day, people everywhere are trying desperately to be heard, and for some of them music is their way of doing just that. And there are so many backgrounds behind each individual song. I love how one can make me feel depression and another can make me feel optimism, and one can make me feel calmness and another can make me feel excitement.

There are so many emotions that an artist might try to get you to hear — or possibly he/she just wants you to decode it for yourself. Whether you compose music to have your emotions be heard or as a means of dealing with some of life’s mystery, it’s for a reason and I sincerely appreciate it. Music is emotion you can hear. Sometimes it sounds so sweet I think I can taste it too. Maybe you listen to music to discover what your present feelings are, maybe you listen to music to channel a new feeling entirely — either way, it seems I’ll never get over the way it strikes a chord in me and everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. Your obvervations are really deep. I have never even thought of music in this way/ dept before. I will listen to some of the bands you listed, seem legitimate:)

    ReplyDelete